12.29.2010

Prenatal Fitness

Prenatal fitness is so important to your health and the babies.  Working out during pregnancy can tremendously help with energy level, mood swings, blood circulation, posture, toning, labor and a healthy recovery once the baby is born.  So, as you can see there are many benefits to light/moderate exercise while pregnant.  During both my pregnancies I continued to workout, but at a moderate pace.  Please note that if your workout consisted of a nice walk in the park or around the neighborhood you cannot run a mile or lift the gym while pregnant!  Your prenatal fitness should be equivalent or less than what you where previously doing in the gym or at home.  If you really feel the need to really amp up the workout get permission from your OB/GYN first.  Make sure you are healthy enough to handle the continual changes pregnancy will bring and a workout all together.  During my second pregnancy, I ran 2 miles a day up until 5.5 months.  I listened to my doctor and my body, I knew my limits.  I felt great as every woman should during such a beautiful time in life.  Check out this video to get some practical advise.

Stay Healthy, Happy, and Focused
Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout
Stott Pilates Prenatal Pilates DVD (Set of 2)
Complete Pregnancy Fitness with Erin O'Brien

Gabrielle Reece - Fit and Healthy Prenatal Workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment